The Wonders Inside Google ATAP
Google ATAP (Advanced Technology and Projects) division has a few projects in progress at the moment that involve some intriguing concepts and technological solutions. Imagine controlling a device by using different hand and finger gestures, or answering a phone call by swiping your blazer wrist. Surreality is manifesting into reality and the visionaries at Google ATAP are paving the way. PROJECT ...
2017: The Year of Your Startup
This article is a continuation of our previous article on identifying a problem/s that your startup can solve. Every year, it’s “new year, new you”. But maybe just once, maybe this year, it could be “new year, new business!” Ever had the random thought of starting a small business but came up with the many standard excuses including: “never really got around to it”, “too busy”, “can’t be bothere...
The 2016 Social Media War
There’s been a whole lot of ruckus happening this year in the vast, seemingly endless virtual world of social media. I’m not talking about the billions upon trillions of content being circulated throughout the colossal and ever-so-efficient Internet machine (most of it being dog videos and dank memes, like my Facebook feed). I’m talking about the war of which the social media titans fight amongst ...
Crucial Christmas Adventure! (Part 2)
Now, to the dramatic conclusion in which all your answers will be questioned questions will be answered; the second part to the highly acclaimed short film of 2016 the Crucial Christmas Adventure! The holidays are here and we’re getting super festive! This year, we’ve set off on an adventure to get a Christmas tree to spruce up the Digital Pacific/Crucial office with, but, well, not everything goe...
Crucial Christmas Adventure! (Part 1)
The holidays are approaching and we’re getting super festive! This year, we’ve set off on an adventure to get a Christmas tree to spruce up the Digital Pacific/Crucial office with, but, well, not everything goes according to plan… We took a trip to Dural Christmas Tree Farm on an (unfortunately) overcast/rainy day a week or two ago, with the intention of a simple and funny Christmas video for our ...
What’s Going On With Yahoo!?
Yahoo! was once an internet supergiant that changed the world alongside the likes of Google, Microsoft, and Facebook, but has seemed to falter over the past few years into a dirty ditch that it continues to dig and may one day call a grave. It’s been in the news for a while now and not for the best of reasons. Over the past year, it has suffered two separate and distinct hacks and back in July, Ve...
What You Need To Know About Fake News
Fake news has taken the last quarter of 2016 by storm and is scoring all the points. Post-truth, the 2016 Word of the Year as chosen by the Oxford University Press, is defined by them as: “relating to circumstances in which objective facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotion and personal belief”. Essentially, fake news sites have emerged victorious by playing on ...
The Art of Understanding Employee Motivation
We often ask ourselves about what motivates us, and really, there is an abundance of answers to that question. We do something because we like it — but why do we like it? And so the train of questions and answers continues. From a small business and startups point-of-view, we can ask: what is employee motivation and how can we improve it? In order to ensure the improvement of employee motivation f...
The Startup Mentality
There is a concept of business success know as the Founders’ Vision, where simply, the greatest companies build their empires due to the persistent motivation and optimism that the founder(s) possess, as well as the passion and drive for success they have for the company. We know where these companies are now, but where did they start? Surely there has to be some sort of “vision” for the startup p...
How to Create a Blue Ocean: Part 2
This article is a continuation of our previous Blue Ocean Strategy article. Well, the previous article delved into the first two steps of formulating a Blue Ocean Strategy, which is a business concept devised by professors W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne in 2005. It involves the simultaneous pursuit of differentiation and low cost to open up a new market space and create new demand. But now we’re ...
How to Create a Blue Ocean: Part 1
Business these days seems to be about who can make more money than the other. In an ever-growing and globalising world, there’s no doubt that almost every market is extremely competitive, but there always seems to be news of a new idea or concept that simply grabs the world’s attention and seems to completely capitalise on it, becoming a powerhouse in the market that itself had created — Uber, any...
Why You Should Care About Google Cloud Coming To Australia
What isn’t Google doing nowadays? In September, they announced through a blog article posted by VP of Google Cloud, Brian Stevens, that their Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is planning to launch an Australian region, in Sydney. This comes alongside a list of other global regions — including Mumbai, Singapore, Northern Virginia, São Paulo, London, Finland, and Frankfurt — with more regions to be annou...
13 of the Wackiest Computer Mouse Ideas
Every PC needs a mouse. The world will literally not turn ’round without one, in this day and age. I mean, how will you pwn noobs without one? They’re in homes and offices all over the globe. But, really, they’re all so similar and dull — that is unless you’ve forked out hundreds of dollars for a state-of-the-art gaming mouse with lasers, colour-changing lights, sound systems, and supreme ergonomi...
Digital Pacific/Crucial Office Golf Tournament 2016
Lately, the Digital Pacific/Crucial office has been as busy as a beehive. So, we decided to take a load off and run a short putt-putt tournament around the office. Jam-packed with obstacles (both intended and unintended), and so, so much fun, the tournament spanned about two hours and consisted of 12 happy participants who faced-off one at a time as pairs. Check out our video below, which is full ...
The Briefest Guide to Small Business Strategy
On the topic of small business strategy, many of you know what it is and how to implement them. So, I have tasked myself with creating the simplest guide to small business strategy by explaining 5 essential approaches to strategy in the quickest way possible — dot points! Every small business environment is different and each can be conquered with a certain small business strategy. Here are 5 impo...
How to Boost Your LinkedIn Presence
Your small business may already be on LinkedIn, then again it may not be. If it isn’t, what the heck are you doing?! LinkedIn is the most popular social media platform with a business focus, not being on it would be crazy. In order to tap into a multitude of users online, your small business needs a LinkedIn profile and it needs to be good! Here are a few of my steps for boosting your small busine...
- A Trip Through Time: Web Design
- Creating Company Culture: Team Bonding Ideas
- SMB in a BYOD World: Security, Productivity and Collaboration
- Customers in the Limelight: Scribblevision
- Our customers (and blog-viewers) are highly appreciated and always put first when it comes to
- Microsoft Announces SQL Server on Linux
- Why The World Would End If Web Designers Disappeared
- Almost a year ago, we posted an article called
- Virtual Reality: The Next Age
- Illinois Presents Faster Data Speeds to the World
- 8 Quick & Easy April Fool’s Pranks for the Office
- Infographic: What Consumers Think of Advertising
- Don’t Wait Until It’s Too Late: Check if a Site is Safe from HeartBleed
- The Internet of Things and the Emerging Security Questions
- The Fight for Net Neutrality and Implications for Australia
- Great EOFY Specials from Crucial – Hurry, Ends June 30!
- Speak Up for the Chance to Win a Google Nexus 7 Tablet!
- Whitepaper: Web Hosting Security 2014
- August Sales Have Commenced!
- Crucial’s Day Out at Small Business BIG Marketing Victoria
- Security Update: Bash Shellshock Vulnerability
- We’re excited to announce a new series of community events called Connect.
- How to Build an Affiliates Program in 10 Easy Steps
- We are excited to announce our new
- SEO and Marketing
- Have you’ve been seeing ‘upcoming changes’ notifications from PayPal? Wonder what they mean? Fret no longer,
- Credit Card Fees To Fall & What It Could Mean For You
- 8 Fundamental Templates for Creative Advertising
- The Hassle of Outgrowing Free Website Builders
- What’s the Difference Between SEO and SEM?
- 8 Web Hosting Myths: BUSTED
- How Did We Get Here?: The History of the Modern Computer
- What’s Going On With Online Advertising?
- How to Start an Online Business with a Zero-Dollar Budget
- How to Explain Web Hosting to your Grandparents
- Influencer Marketing: How does it work?
- 11 TED Talks That Anyone in Small Business Should Watch
- What Do PayPal’s Security Upgrades Mean For You?
- What Successful Small Business Owners Can Teach You
- 10 Inspirational Quotes to Rekindle Your Love for Small Business