4 Tips to Hold on to Your Patient-Centered Workforce
More than ever, it’s crucial to retain highly-skilled, highly-engaged talent that can deliver quality patient care. You work hard to select, align, and develop your Patient-Centered Workforce.
Why Introverts Make Great Healthcare Leaders
Introverts often get a bad rap in the workplace, especially when it comes to positions of leadership. Whether you agree with this take or not, it’s a fact supported by data.
Why Finding the Perfect Match Matters
Using technology to find good matches is important in online dating. But, using technology to match patients and caregivers is mission critical.
Workforce Management Solutions: Hiring and providing payroll to the medical workforce
As the industry continues to face a number of challenges with staffing and reducing healthcare costs, hiring the right nurses and staff members is among the highest priority for many hospitals and health systems.
Using Workforce Management Solutions to Help with Magnet®
Magnet® is a prestigious designation, but the Magnet journey, which is the path hospitals take to earning Magnet status, can be challenging. Hospitals with Magnet status share several, desirable characteristics among their workforce.
Focusing on nurse engagement to achieve higher care quality
Staff engagement is essential to organizational success regardless of industry, but in healthcare, it is especially crucial. Strong workforce management strategies help hospitals and health systems achieve better workforce outcomes.
Better Workforce Outcomes with Open Shift Management
When your workforce includes hundreds of employees and constantly fluctuating census, open shifts are inevitable. Without the right skills-based workforce management tools in place, nurse and staffing managers spend a disproportionate amount of time trying to fill scheduling gaps. Not only is this inefficient, but it leads to increased costs and reduced employee satisfaction.
How Do I Create the Model for Acuity-Based Staffing?
How Do I Create the Model for Acuity-Based Staffing? Webinar clip with Jack Needleman, PhD, FAAN, Professor and Chair, Department of Health Policy & Management, UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
How Can Acuity-Based Staffing Work?
How Can Acuity-Based Staffing Work? Webinar clip from Sylvain (Syl) Trepanier, DNP, RN, CENP, Vice President & System Chief Nursing Officer, Premier Health
What is the Evidence Supporting Acuity-Based Staffing?
What is the Evidence Supporting Acuity-Based Staffing? Clip from webinar with John Welton, PhD, RN, FAAN, University of Colorado College of Nursing
From Resisting to Requesting: What’s Causing the Change in Nurses’ Attitudes about Floating?
When it comes to finding the most cost-effective resources to cover a shift, most hospitals and health systems will agree that sharing qualified staff across units (or even facilities) is preferable to more expensive alternatives such as OT, contingent labor, or costly shift bonuses. They also agree that by and large nurses and healthcare staff … Continue reading »
- Enabling Staff Satisfaction and Better Patient Outcomes
- How is Technology Hindering or Helping You Prepare Your Organization for the Future?
- Celebrating Nurses Week 2016!
- Payroll, Workforce Management Software Keep Salaries and Overtime In Check
- Lakeland Health’s Journey with HR Analytics
- A Five-Step Guide for Developing a Wage and Hour Compliance Plan
- Helping to Improve Quality of Care by Making the Connections Between Evidence and Practice
- Human Resources In Support of the Healthcare Workforce
- Empowered Staff Delivers Better Financial Outcomes
- How Can a Rewards Program Help Fill Open Shifts While Saving Money?
- From Resisting to Requesting: What’s Causing the Change in Nurses’ Attitudes about Floating?
- Three Ways Collaborative Staffing Delivers Real Cost Savings
- How to Avoid Three Common Staffing and Scheduling Pitfalls
- What is collaborative consumption and what does it have to do with staffing in healthcare?
- Q&A with Hillcrest: How They Saved $2 Million Annually
- Are You Using Staffing Evidence to Improve Patient Outcomes?
- Improving Quality of Care by Making the Connections Between Evidence and Practice
- Why Staff Satisfaction Must Be a Top Priority
- What’s the Difference Between Quality Staffing Standards and Productivity Metrics?
- Making the Business Case for HR
- Strategies for a Successful Merger or Acquisition: Putting People First
- How Staffing is Like the Weather
- Strategies for a Successful Merger or Acquisition: Focus On Payroll
- The Impact of Oregon’s New Staffing Legislation
- Strategies for a Successful Merger or Acquisition: Choosing the Best Technology Vendor for the New Organization
- Are You Missing the Connection Between Overtime and Outcomes?
- Patient Satisfaction and the Bottom Line
- Is Overtime Causing Patient Dissatisfaction at Your Hospital?
- The Impact of Overtime on Employee and Patient Satisfaction
- A Simple Cost/Benefit Analysis of Overtime vs. Hiring Staff
- Balancing the Business and the Mission of Healthcare
- Acuity-based Staffing Supports Patient Satisfaction
- Happy Nurses = Satisfied Patients
- Enabling Staff Satisfaction with Workforce Management Technology
- Why Schedule Five Nurses When You Can Get By With Four?
- Productivity Goes Beyond Cutting Labor Costs
- Trend: Productivity
- Trend: Centralized Staffing
- Presagia’s Guide to Paid Sick Leave
- Trend: Controlling Overtime
- Is Overtime Causing More Damage Than You Realize?
- The Courage to Improve
- Managing 12-Hour Shifts
- 4 Common FMLA Mistakes Made By Employers
- Do you have what it takes to be #LikeANurse?
- Celebrating National Nurses Week
- Overtime Puts Your Staff at Risk
- Workforce Strategies that Don’t Sacrifice Patient Care Quality
- Satisfied Patients Drive Financial Health
- Overtime accelerates turnover