Front-End (or Full-Stack) Engineer
Who We Are
Crayon provides market and competitive intelligence tools to help businesses track, analyze, and act on everything happening outside their four walls. We believe that millions of businesses have yet to take advantage of all the intelligence data available today to drive actionable insights and opportunities. Marketing and sales teams can get massive leverage by systematically ingesting data from their external environment and mining that data for actionable intel. That might not be obvious today, but we believe it will be obvious in a decade.
We enable our customers to track their competitors by monitoring their competitors’ entire digital footprint, intelligently surfacing updates, and providing a platform to analyze and act upon this data -- whether it’s to drive strategy, enable sales and marketing teams, or to optimize marketing campaigns. In close collaboration with colleagues across the organization, the engineering team is responsible for designing, building and maintaining the tools and infrastructure that make this possible.
Working as a Front-End Engineer at Crayon
Crayon is looking for a brilliant front-end developer with 3+ years of experience to bring a mix of true grit and solid craftsmanship to our growing team. Day-to-day you will work with other world-class engineers to design, code, review, test, and deploy amazing features. Crayon is a product-driven and customer-driven company, and every line of code you contribute will help move the vision forward.
We care a lot about building a great product and creating massive value for customers. Engineers on our team are incredibly engaged in the end-to-end process of delivering our product. We contribute ideas during planning and ideation meetings, and conceive of and prototype new product ideas. On our team, you will work closely with product managers and UX designers to solve and implement fascinating user stories.
The success of our team also relies on solid engineering citizenship. You will provide input toward improving processes and tools across the engineering team, and promote good programming practices. You will support other engineers by sharing knowledge, providing advice, participating in code review, and unblocking colleagues in need, and you should expect the same from us.
We're Looking for Engineers Who Are:
- High-Wattage. You are smart, curious, and excited about digging in and moving fast.
- Entrepreneurial. You are creative, versatile, and driven. You are willing to take risks in pursuit of a grand vision. You see things not just for what they are, but what they could be.
- Self-Motivated and Independent. You don’t wait for instructions. You can create structure and operate effectively with incomplete information.
- User-centric. You're a developer who thinks like an end user. You have a passion for bringing amazing user experiences to life through code.
- Collaborative. You recognize that the best ideas are often the result of a group effort. You communicate the right details to the right coworkers in engineering and beyond.
- Ambitious. You’re psyched to tackle hard problems in the name of building a significant, lasting product. You want to keep learning and moving your career forward.
- Detail-oriented. You always account for edge cases. You never drop the ball. Your colleagues trust your work. If you spot something askew in code, you fix it or file it.
- Skilled in Your Craft. You keep abreast of trends and best practices in software engineering. You look things up or ask colleagues when you are unsure.
- Honorable. You do the right thing, and you treat others with respect.
- Minimum of 3 years of industry experience in engineering.
- Fluent in at least one major programming language.
- Familiarity with at least one of the major UI frameworks.
Crayon offers a competitive salary, equity, medical, dental, vision, 401k, take-what-you-need paid time off, and an inclusive culture. Learn more about Crayon’s benefits.
Crayon is committed to building a workplace that welcomes and encourages diverse perspectives, because we know that the most successful teams are diverse teams. We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.